Taken from K Wan Shana's FB...
Hi. A few of my friends have requested for my Bread and Butter Pudding recipe. It's actually one of the most simple campak-campak recipes, and takes less than half an hour to siap from the point you cut the bread until it's cooked - ready to be eaten.
Here goes :
8 - 10 pieces of bread - buttered on one side, cut off the crusts on the sides, all cut into halves
(DO NOT throw the crusts away - cut into small pieces)
1 can of Evaporated Milk (preferably Carnation)
1 can of water (use the milk can)
1 cup of Fresh/UHT Milk
6 - 8 tbsp of fine granulated sugar
1 tsp Vanilla essence
COOKING METHOD -
Bread & Butter Pudding
1. Spread butter on baking dish thinly - covering all surfaces
2. Line the dish with buttered bread pieces (with the un-buttered side facing inside)
3. Sprinkle raisins on top of bread base
4. Sprinkle the bread crusts pieces on top
5. Combine Eggs, Evaporated Milk, Fresh/UHT Milk, Water, Vanilla Essence and Sugar in a blender, and blend for 20-30 seconds.
6. Pour blended mixture into baking dish
7. Cut whatever left of buttered bread into halves, and arrange nicely on top of the mixture. Make sure all pieces are submerged in Egg/Milk mixture.
8. Cook in Dual Convection and Grill Microwave Oven at 230 C, at 70% Power for 15-16 minutes.
9. Once cooked, spread butter on top of the hot pudding until it's melted
10. Eat with warm Custard Cream Sauce.
Custard Cream Sauce
1. Combine 4 tbsp of Custard Powder with 4-5 tbsp sugar and 1 cup of milk taken from 1 litre pack of Fresh /UHT Milk. Mix Well. Set aside.
2. Bring the rest of the Milk to boil.
3. When it's nearly boiling, pour the milk into the Custard Mixture. Mix evenly.
4. Pour the mixture back into the pot and simmer and stir continuously.
5. Turn off heat immediately after it starts to boil.
Tadaaaaa... Siap untuk dimakan dengan B&B Pudding :)